- About Us
MARKETING EDGE NAMES THE 2017 EDGE AWARDS ‘RISING STARS’ HONOREES
Monday, March 20, 2017
-Young marketing and mentoring leaders to be honored
as part of the EDGE Awards celebration on June 6 in New York City-
NEW YORK – Marketing EDGE is proud to announce six honorees to receive its 2017 Rising Stars Awards, now in its tenth year. Each award recognizes a marketer, age 40 and under. This year’s honorees represent an array of companies and disciplines within the marketing field:
[Editor’s Note: Profiles of the honorees are available within each link]:
• Noman Ali, President, Strategic Growth, Research Now;
• Christina Dalton, Executive Director, Digital Marketing, PubWorx;
• Nick Dujnic, Senior Director, Marketing, Live Intent;
• Connor Lemenze, Sales Director, Persado;
• Matthew Smith, Global Marketing Lead, Uber Everything, Uber; and
• Becky Wald Thomas, Senior Director, Digital Marketing, Comcast
The Rising Stars Awards will be presented during a tribute ceremony at the nonprofit organization’s 2017 EDGE Awards event on Tuesday, June 6, at PlayStation Theater in New York City.
“These six young marketing leaders inspire all of us, given their extraordinary professional achievements while devoting significant time and passion to make a difference, whether it’s in the field, the community, or the world,” said Terri L. Bartlett, president, Marketing EDGE. “Each, in their own way, contributes to the success of their company, to the advancement of marketing, and by example and engagement, they are fostering the next generation of marketing leaders.”
“Standing on the shoulders of their predecessors, the 2017 Rising Stars are leading the charge disrupting the status quo of marketing. Capitalizing on innovation and change, they also are giving back as champions of professional development for their colleagues,” said Gretchen Littlefield, chair, Marketing EDGE; president, media solutions, Infogroup; and chair of this year’s EDGE Awards Selection Committee, which is comprised of Marketing EDGE board trustees.
The six Rising Stars were selected from an impressive pool of nominees based on criteria that included:
- is 40 years of age or younger;
- is disrupting the status quo and changing the way they introduce marketing activities, while reporting significant business results for their organization and those they serve;
- has achieved outstanding results in the field of marketing, which distinguish him/her as a leader;
- has a record of remarkable charitable service and/or mentoring support that demonstrates a commitment to giving back to the community; and
- is recognized among peers for unparalleled service, such as mentoring young professionals, contributions or commitment to further education among students and peers, to name a few.
During the EDGE Awards event, the Rising Stars will be celebrated at a tribute ceremony that also will recognize the following previously announced EDGE Award honorees:
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Harold M. (Hal) Brierley;
- Corporate Disruptor Award: Sprinklr; and
- Education Award: Medill IMC Spiegel Digital & Database Research Center, Northwestern University
The EDGE Awards, Marketing EDGE’s annual fundraising event, is scheduled to take place in New York City on Tuesday, June 6 (at PlayStation® Theater, 1515 Broadway at West 44th Street, Times Square, from 6-10 p.m. EDT). Registration for the event is available here.
[Editor’s Note: Editorial members of media who wish to receive a press registration for the event may contact Chet Dalzell at CDalzell@marketingEDGE.org]
About Marketing EDGE
Headquartered in New York City, Marketing EDGE works to Educate, Develop, Grow, and Employ college students in the field of marketing. Now in its 51st year, Marketing EDGE is the only national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a proven track record that creates a unique intersection between students, academics and corporations, to bridge the gap between academic theory and the practical knowledge and skills required in the workplace. Ultimately, our goal is to continue to expand and enrich the pool of market-ready talent in the ever-expanding business of marketing, today and tomorrow. For additional information, visit: www.marketingEDGE.org.
# # #
Media Contact for Marketing EDGE: