- About Us
MARKETING EDGE ANNOUNCES CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR 2017 ‘RISING STARS’ AWARD HONOREES
-Nominations Deadline Extended: Wednesday, March 1, 2017-
NEW YORK – January 12, 2017 – Young marketing leaders today who harness opportunity through innovation and disruption… get ready for the red carpet. To recognize young professionals age 40 and under who lead by giving back through education, fostering innovation and culture change, and mentoring while achieving a high level of corporate success, Marketing EDGE, the nonprofit education organization, announces its call for nominations for the 2017 Rising Stars Awards. Celebrating the 10th anniversary of the awards, the Rising Stars will be honored as part of the EDGE Awards celebration in New York City on June 6.
“When we introduced the Rising Stars Awards in 2007, we envisioned honoring super stars of this industry… before they peaked,” said Terri L. Bartlett, president, Marketing EDGE. “We dreamed of identifying those individuals who would set the pace of the industry in the coming decades. As we look over the elite list of past award honorees, I’m proud to say that we’ve done just that.”
“Who will be the ‘2017 Rising Stars’? We invite you to nominate those young executives who marry outstanding business acumen and success with a deep commitment to giving back – through mentoring, social responsibility, and knowledge sharing, benefitting companies, organizations and the industry as a whole,” Bartlett said.
The new updated criteria for the Marketing EDGE Rising Stars Award include:
- Candidate works in the digital and/or data-driven marketing field;
- Candidate is 40 years of age or younger;
- Candidate is disrupting the status quo and changing the way he/she introduces digital and/or data-driven marketing activities, while reporting significant business results for their organization;
- Candidate has achieved outstanding results in the field of marketing, which distinguish him/her as a leader in the field;
- Candidate has a record of remarkable charitable service and/or mentoring support that demonstrates a commitment to giving back to the community; and
- Candidate is recognized among peers for unparalleled service, such as mentoring young professionals, contributions to or commitment to further education among students and peers.
Marketing EDGE invites the industry-at-large to submit online nominations for the 2017 Rising Stars here.
The deadline for all nominations is Wednesday, March 1, 2017.
To view past winners from the previous 10 years, those considering nominations may go here.
The honorees will be presented with a crystal award from Tiffany’s at Marketing EDGE’s June EDGE Awards Dinner on Tuesday, June 6, 2017, at PlayStation® Theater in New York City. Honorees will be announced in early March.
About Marketing EDGE
Headquartered in New York City, Marketing EDGE works to Educate, Develop, Grow, and Employ college students in the field of marketing. Now in its 50th year, Marketing EDGE is the only national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that impacts the lives of thousands of students annually and shapes the marketing industry of the future as diverse, inclusive, and highly skilled, infusing the industry with dynamic new ideas and the talent our industry needs to thrive in the 21st Century. Through its programs, a unique intersection between students, academics and corporations exists, bridging the gap between academic theory and the practical knowledge and skills required in the workplace. Ultimately, our goal is to continue to expand and enrich the pool of market-ready talent in the ever-expanding business of marketing, today and tomorrow. For additional information, visit: www.marketingEDGE.org.
# # #
Media Contact for Marketing EDGE: