- About Us
The Jacobs & Clevenger Case Writers' Workshop
Jacobs & Clevenger Case Writers' Workshop
ERNST N. MORIAL CONVENTION CENTER | NEW ORLEANS
Saturday, Oct. 7, 2017 | 8:30-11:30 AM
co-sponsored by Jacobs & Clevenger, Midwest Marketing Education Foundation (MMEF) and Marketing EDGE
The Jacobs & Clevenger Case Writers’ Workshop takes place Saturday morning at the Summit – with no competition from other tracks or programs. At this annual event, companies seeking to inspire case-writing authors — and the 2017 winning case writers will present their cases and discuss their case writing experience to encourage your participation.
Each year at the Workshop, participants have the opportunity to:
- Identify a case that intrigues you
- Find the right partner or partners to write with
- Prepare to get your case organized, outlined, written, approved, and considered for book and journal publication
- Be mentored through the rough spots at any point while you’re working on your case
- Submit a case to potentially win 1st, 2nd or 3rd prize at the Marketing EDGE Summit and potentially see your case published in several journals and/or the next IMC Handbook edition.
Win awards (to be split among the co-authors):
- Gold (first prize): US $1,000
- Silver (second prize) US $ 750
- Bronze (third prize) US $ 500
Deadline for Case Submissions: June 1, 2017
Cases must be accompanied by teaching notes. Questions? See co-director contact details below.
The IMC Handbook: Readings and Cases in Integrated Marketing Communications (RACOM) is a resource for Integrated Marketing Communications courses, and includes winning cases from this workshop. The third edition is now available at:
2015-2016 Best Case Writer Award | Winning Case Presentations
Case authors prepared business cases for teaching over the school year 2015-2016. Below are the winning cases to be presented at the 2016 Workshop, listed alphabetically. The awards (Gold, Silver, and Bronze) were announced at Sunday's Award Luncheon on October 16, 2016.
1st Place Gold
- Fear 2 Freedom: An IMC Campaign to Enhance Campus Safety Nationwide - Lisa D. Spiller; Christopher Newport University; Carol Scovotti, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
2nd Place Silver
- Save the Redwoods League: Take a Walk in the Redwoods -- On Us! - Blodwen Tarter, Golden Gate University
3rd Place Bronze (tie)
- PG&E: Marketing Energy Efficiency Programs for Businesses - Blodwen Tarter, Golden Gate University; Mary Beth McCabe, National University; Matthew Sauber, Eastern Michigan University; Anyuan "Daniel" Shen, SUNY at New Paltz AND
- Bowtie - Stacy Neier Beran, Mary Ann McGrath, Loyola University Chicago
2016 Corporate Case Presentations
Corporate case presenters for 2016 included:
Abhilash Patel, Co-Founder, Recovery Brands
Cynthia Johnson, Director of Brand Development, American Addiction Centers
Chris Thomas, Director of Digital Media and Marketing, LA Galaxy Soccer
"The conference is the best forum for learning about latest trends in digital and direct marketing as well as teaching. The conference encourages sharing and development of real world case studies which are critical to preparing our students to hit the ground running."
-David Marold, Eastern Michigan University
Susan K. Jones
J. Steven Kelly