- About Us
Frequently Asked Questions
"I feel so honored to be one of the many students Marketing EDGE has impacted in a tremendous manner. Thank you for believing in my potential and giving me the extra confidence I need to continue pursuing my career in marketing!”
- Melanie Dos Reis, Fairfield University (2013 Marketing EDGE Scholarship Recipient)
For students interested in learning more about Marketing EDGE scholarships, we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions. We hope you find this information useful.
Q: What are the eligibility requirements to apply for a Marketing EDGE Scholarship?
A: All students eligible for a Marketing EDGE scholarship must…
- Reside in the U.S. as a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Currently be enrolled in an accredited 4-year institution. Students transferring from a 2-year school to a 4-year university by the fall 2015 semester are eligible to apply for a scholarship. However, they must submit a letter of acceptance from the 4-year university as proof of enrollment in the fall 2015 semester.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Show a commitment to pursuing a career in marketing (i.e. applicants should have taken two or more courses focused on: direct marketing, interactive marketing, email marketing, electronic marketing, mobile marketing, social marketing, business to business marketing, not-for-profit marketing, database marketing, customer relationship marketing or integrated marketing communications). Students with internships focused in these areas will also be considered.
Q: I have not taken any marketing courses yet but plan on taking them in the fall. Am I eligible to apply for a scholarship?
A: To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must have taken one or more marketing courses or have internship/work experience in the marketing field.
Q: I am transferring to a 4-year university starting the fall 2015 semester. Can I still apply for a scholarship?
A: Yes, please submit a letter of acceptance from the 4-year university as proof of your enrollment for the fall 2015 semester.
Q: I am graduating, but I plan to attend graduate school. Am I eligible to apply for a scholarship?
A: You must be currently enrolled in a graduate program to be eligible for any scholarship targeting graduate students. Please submit a letter of acceptance with your application as proof of your enrollment in graduate school for the fall 2015 semester.
Q: When will notification be sent out to scholarship winners?
A: All scholarship winners will be notified in mid-July 2015.
Q: When will my scholarship award and/or check be mailed?
A: Scholarship award checks will be paid in the recipient’s name directly to the student’s college or university tuition account. Recipients will be notified when the checks are mailed in early August 2015.
Q: Can the scholarship award or check be mailed to me personally?
A: No. These are tuition checks and will be forwarded directly to your school’s bursar or finance office to be applied to your tuition account.
For more information contact Rachel Fontana at RFontana@marketingEDGE.org