- About Us
Lorraine Zitone Scholarship Fund
- This scholarship was founded to honor and acknowledge Lorraine Zitone. Lorraine was a long-time director of the president's office and coordinator of board activities for the Direct Marketing Association (DMA). Members of the direct and interactive marketing community joined to create a scholarship fund in her name, following her death in October, 2003. The Lorraine Zitone Fund benefits college and university students, and is administered by Marketing EDGE.
- Lorraine was the consummate Assistant to the President. She was smart, knowledgeable, and exuded a strong sense of loyalty. She had great integrity. The Association was very fortune that, over a period of 21 years, she worked alongside three presidents: Bob DeLay, Jonah Gitlitz, and Bob Wientzen.
- Lorraine knew the industry, and had the expertise to get things done. As liaison with the DMA Board, she provided continuity, and built strong relationships with many lead executives in direct and interactive marketing.
- An inspiration to friends and colleagues, Lorraine’s business skills, combined with her caring and concern for others, and her unconquerable spirit are memorialized by this special Fund. Retired Marketing EDGE Vice President Laurie Spar, friend and colleague, summed up the Zitone experience: "Lorraine was an exceptional employee who was very dedicated to her work and to the DMA, and she was the most loyal of friends." She went on to say that Lorraine was "the perfect role model for new as well as seasoned employees - an example of professionalism at its finest."
- Lorraine’s legacy will continue to inspire friends and colleagues, and her light will continue to shine.
- Since its inception, contributions to the Lorraine Zitone Scholarship Fund from members of the DMA, C.O.R.D. (Council of Retired Directors) and other Marketing EDGE supporters have the Lorraine Zitone scholarship possible.
Learn More about Marketing EDGE Scholarship Funds