- About Us
Lee Epstein Fund
- Lee Epstein, with over half a century in the field of direct marketing, devoted his entire career to his belief and passion for the industry, mentoring future leaders along the way. He founded—and served as its president for decades—Mailmen, Inc., one of the industry’s leading volume lettershops.
- In 1966, Lee co-founded Direct Marketing Days in New York (DMDNY). He served as Chairman until 2001. Since 1980, ignited by Lee’s awareness of potentially talented students and their educational needs, DMDNY contributed over $3,000,000 to regional colleges, universities, students, and to Marketing EDGE.
- Lee founded the non-profit Direct Marketing Days Foundation, Inc. in 2001 (renamed Direct Marketers Gateway in 2004) . It gave him the opportunity to carry on his venerable mission to support educational pursuits, by allowing those young people with the brightest new talent to enter the direct/interactive marketing arena. In 2005, Direct Marketers Gateway joined with Marketing EDGE to create The Lee Epstein Fund as a Marketing EDGE Endowment Trust, in order to maintain Lee’s dream.
- Lee, always a dynamic leader, has served on many local and national committees and Boards. In addition, he has spoken at many conferences and industry events. Throughout his career, he has received countless honors, among which are the Distinguished Service Award from the USPS, the DMCNY Mal Dunn Leadership Award, the Silver Apple Award, the Marketing EDGE Ed Mayer Educational Leadership Award, and the Marketing EDGE Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Many awards bear Lee's name. He has been inducted into several Halls of Fame including the prestigious Data & Marketing Association (DMA) Hall of Fame, and the Long Island Direct Marketing Association (LIDMA) Hall of Fame. In 2008, Lee received the Direct Marketing Club of New York (DMCNY)’s inaugural Golden Apple, for 50 years of devoted service to marketing.
Learn More about Marketing EDGE Scholarship Funds