- About Us
DIRECT MARKETING EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION ELECTS OFFICERS
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
CRAIG WOOD NAMED CHAIRMAN
Seven New Trustees of the DMEF Board Are Elected for 2012–2013
New York, NY — The Direct Marketing Educational Foundation (DMEF) today announced the election of 2012-2013 officers, seven new trustees, and three term renewals and extensions of its Board of Trustees, as well as members of its prestigious Chair’s Advisory Council. The terms commence today at the close of the DMEF’s June Board meeting, held at Paul Hastings LLP.
2012–2013 DMEF Officers
The DMEF Board of Trustees elected Craig Wood, CEO & Founder of Clarity Group, as its Chair. In a marketing career spanning almost 20 years, Craig has worked extensively with Fortune 1000 companies and nonprofits to help solve their critical marketing issues. With his years of experience in both client and service-provider organizations, Craig has gained a unique perspective of the marketing industry.
Officers joining Craig Wood for the 2012-2013 term are: Christine Aguilera, President, SkyMall, Inc., as Vice Chair; Linda A. Woolley, Acting President and CEO of DMA, as Vice Chair/DMA; Linda Gridley, President & CEO, Gridley & Company LLC, as Treasurer; Kent Johnson, CEO, Highlights for Children, as Assistant Treasurer; Scott Ellis, VP, Client Solutions, Adworthy, as Secretary; Richard Hochhauser, DMEF Immediate Past Chair; and Terri L. Bartlett, DMEF President.
“Our officers and Board of Trustees are the driving force that allows the DMEF to better serve the direct/interactive marketing community,” said DMEF President Terri L. Bartlett. “As the DMEF works to deliver on its Strategic Plan to ensure market-ready talent for generations to come, our trustees, representing a broad array of marketing verticals and disciplines, bring great depth and expertise to the Board. Board proficiency and diversity of experience enable us to continue to improve and strengthen our contribution to this field.”
New Board Members
The DMEF Board of Trustees elected the following six new members:
• Michael Becker, North American Managing Director, Mobile Marketing Association
• Tim Carr, President and Chief Lifter, Creative Lift
• David Evans, Senior Vice President of Broadband, AMC Networks
• James Gauthier, Vice President of Marketing, Travelers Insurance
• Charlie Swift, Vice President, Database Strategy and Marketing, Hearst Magazine
• Brian Wolfe, President, Wolfe Associates
• George Milne, Professor, University of Massachusetts – Amherst (2012 Robert Clarke Award Winner)
In addition, the following identifies At-Large Trustees during the coming year:
• Dan Aks, C3Multimedia LLC
• Bob Allen, President / CEO, The Windham Foundation
• Dennis Armbruster, Managing Partner, LoyaltyOne Consulting
• Harold M. Brierley, Chair, Brierley+Partners
• Craig Dempster, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Merkle, Inc.
• Andrea Derricks, Associate, L2 Think Tank
• David Diamond, VP Human Resources, dELiA*s
• Peter Fader, Ph.D., Professor of Marketing, Co-Director - Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative, University of Pennsylvania
• Jeff Gundersen, CEO, Executive Connections, LLC
• Donald Hinman, Ph.D., SVP, Product Development, Data Services, Epsilon Data Management
• Warren Hunter, Chairman and CEO, DMW Direct
• Ben Isaacson, Privacy & Compliance Leader, Experian
• Karen Isenberg, SVP, Specialists Marketing Services
• Marjorie Kalter, Ph.D., Clinical Professor
• Gretchen Littlefield, President, Infogroup | Nonprofit
• Charlotte Mason, Ph.D., Professor and Head, Department of Marketing; Director, Coca-Cola Center for Marketing Studies, The University of Georgia
• Drew May, EVP of Data Integration, Integrated Direct Marketing
• Matt McGowan, Managing Director North America, Incisive Media
• Ingrid McGuire, Director, Direct Marketing & Distribution, Ernst & Young (3-year term renewal)
• Wesley Protheroe, President and CEO, Gerber Life Insurance Company
• Joseph Pych, Founder and President, NextMark
• Jay Schwedelson, President, Worldata
• Michael Sherman, Senior Advisor, Peter J. Solomon Company
• Christine Slusarek,Wiland Direct
• Rob Stagno, President, Paradysz
• Russ Winer, Ph.D., William Joyce Professor of Marketing, Chair of Marketing Department, New York University (3-year term renewal)
• Paull Young, Director of Digital, charity: water
• Dawn Zier, President – International, The Reader’s Digest Association (1-year term renewal as DMA Board Representative)
2012 – 2013 DMEF Chair’s Advisory Council:
Four years ago, the Chair’s Advisory Council was introduced to allow key trustees to continue to serve the DMEF on a project basis. Members of this esteemed group for 2013 will include:
• John Deighton, Ph.D., Professor, Harvard Business School
• Kate Kestnbaum, President, KesTry
• Liz Kislik, President, Liz Kislik Associates
• Gary Laben, CEO, KBM Group
• Pamela Larrick, CEO, Javelin Direct, Inc.
• Tim Litle, Chair, Litle & Co.
• John Temple
The following Board Trustees will retire from the Board effective June 5:
• Bryan Eisenberg, Managing Partner, Eisenberg & Associates
• Donna Hoffman, Chancellor's Chair and Professor of Marketing at the A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management, University of California, Riverside
• Gary Laben, CEO, KBM Group
• James D. McQuaid, Chair, MetroGroup
About Direct Marketing Educational Foundation (DMEF)
Headquartered in New York City, the Direct Marketing Educational Foundation works to attract, educate, and place college students in direct/interactive marketing careers, thereby expanding and enriching the talent pool of trained, market-ready marketers. Established in 1966 by members of the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) who wanted to give something back to the community, DMEF is today a separate, 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation that is supported solely by tax-deductible contributions from individuals and companies. Tax-deductible contributions are the lifeblood of the DMEF; funds raised support a broad range of world-class educational programs and scholarships.
Since its founding, thousands of students have taken advantage of DMEF’s educational programs, entering the field with the competitive edge of being “workplace-ready.” Many have gone on to become today’s marketing leaders, an indication of the Foundation’s success. For additional information about the DMEF, its mission, and its programs, visit www.marketingedge.org.