- About Us
MARKETING EDGE NAMES ELEVEN NEW TRUSTEES TO ITS BOARD
Tuesday, June 9, 2015
-Announces Returning Board Officers through 2016-
NEW YORK – Marketing EDGE, the only national nonprofit of its kind solely committed to acquaint professors and college students with – and to engage and involve them in – the business of marketing, today announced its Board officers for the coming fiscal year, as well as 11 new industry and two academic leaders who will join its Board of Trustees.
The Board officers continue their terms for the coming fiscal year (July 2015 – June 2016):
• Chair: Christine Aguilera, Chief Financial Officer, International Cruise and Excursions
• Vice Chair/DMA: Tom Benton, Chief Executive Officer, Direct Marketing Association
• Secretary: Gretchen Littlefield, President, List Services & Nonprofit Solutions, Infogroup
• Treasurer: Charlie Swift, Vice President, Strategy & Marketing Operations, Hearst Magazines
• Assistant Treasurer: Allison Porter, President, Avalon Consulting Group
• Immediate Past Chair: Craig Wood, Group President – Advisory Services, The Futures Company
• President: Terri L. Bartlett, President, Marketing EDGE
Eleven new Board members begin three-year terms:
• Glenn Bottomly, Ph.D., Senior Vice-President, Online Marketing and Innovation, Taylor Corporation
• Les Dinkin, Managing Director, Novantas
• Rosemary Ellis, Founder, Ellis Consulting
• Jim Fosina, President & Chief Executive Officer, Fosina Marketing Group
• Khurrum Malik, Head of Ads Product Marketing, Facebook
• Jerry Nichols, Global Head of Marketing Performance Management, SAP
• David Niles, President, SSA & Company | Partner G100 Companies
• Leigh Ober, Chief People Officer, Javelin Group
• Rob Reger, Senior Vice President, Sales, Epsilon Data Solutions
• Suzanne Tameler, Director of Loyalty, GameStop
• Andrea Zaretsky, Vice President, Global Marketing – Digital Partnerships & Development, American Express
And two new Academic Representatives join the Board:
• Charles Hofacker, Florida State University (one-year term)
• Devon Johnson, Montclair State University (three-year term)
“Students who come through Marketing EDGE get an extra skill set in career development … in leadership … in various elements of the marketing field. The power of our programs reflects the caliber of excellence found among our Board Trustees, all of whom are deeply engaged in the development and growth of the organization,” Chair Christine Aguilera said. “As we approach our 50th year, like never before we are relying on the support and involvement of our Board to set the stage for this organization to expand our work to ensure generations of leaders for decades to come.”
Full biographies on each of these leaders are posted here: http://www.marketingedge.org/about-us/board-of-trustees
Altogether there are 44 current members of the Board of Trustees. Other Board members include:
• Michael Becker, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, North America, mCordis
• Harold (Hal) Brierley, Executive Chairman & Chief Loyalty Architect, Brierley+Partners
• Tim Carr, President, Creative Lift
• Edith Chu, Human Resources Leader, Software Group Marketing, IBM Corporation
• Brian Cross, Managing Partner, Elasticity
• Jeff Gundersen, Chief Executive Officer, Executive Connections LLC
• Warren Hunter, Chair, DMW Direct • Steven Isaac, President, Isaac Enterprises, LLC
• V Kumar (VK), Ph.D., Regents Professor, J. Mack Robinson College of Business, Georgia State University
• Worth Linen, Chief Executive Officer & Founder, WLA, Inc.
• Nicole Lombardo, Associate Account Director, 360i • Kelly Mangold, Senior Vice President, Guideposts
• Charlotte Mason, Ph.D., Professor and Head, Dept. of Marketing; Director, Coca-Cola Center for Marketing Studies, University of Georgia
• Dawn Morris, Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer, Webster Bank
• Megan Pagliuca, Vice President & General Manager, Digital Media, Merkle, Inc.
• Chris Paradysz, Co-Chief Executive Officer, Paradysz + PM Digital
• Adrea Rubin, Chief Executive Officer, Adrea Rubin Marketing Inc.
• Jay Schwedelson, President, Worldata, Inc.
• David Scott, Chief Marketing Officer, Gigya, Inc.
• Gary Skidmore, Chief Executive Officer, Aberdeen Group
• Colleen Sugarman, Marketing Consultant, Sling TV
• George Thacker, Chief Marketing Officer, Gerber Life Insurance Company
• Dirk van de Bunt, Executive Vice President & Chief Administrative Officer, Guthy-Renker
Members of the special Chair’s Advisory Committee, selected annually by the Chair, include:
• John Deighton, Ph.D., Harold M. Brierley Professor of Business Administration, Harvard Business School
• Kent Johnson, Chief Executive Officer, Highlights for Children, Inc.
• Kate Kestnbaum, President, KesTry
• Liz Kislik, President, Lis Kislik Associates, LLC
• Gary Laben, Chief Executive Officer, KBM Group | President, Wunderman Data & Insights
• Pamela (Pam) Larrick, Chief Executive Officer, Javelin Marketing Group
• Thomas (Tim) Litle, Chief Executive Officer, Litle Holdings
• Shawn Mielke, Global Director, Small Business Marketing, Google
Leaving the Board following six years of service are:
• Ingrid McGuire, Director, BMC Data Management & Analytics EY, EY
• Russ Winer, Ph.D., William Joyce Professor of Marketing & Chair, Department of Marketing, Stern School of Business, New York University
About Marketing EDGE
Headquartered in New York City, Marketing EDGE works to Educate, Develop, Grow, and Employ college students in the field of marketing, thereby expanding and enriching the talent pool of market-ready professionals. Established in 1966 by members of the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) who wanted to give something back to the community, Marketing EDGE continues to be an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation that is supported solely by tax-deductible contributions from individuals, companies and foundations. Funds raised throughout the year support a broad range of world-class educational programs and scholarships. Since its founding, thousands of students and academics have taken advantage of the Marketing EDGE programs. Many have gone on to become today’s marketing leaders, an indication of the organization’s success. For additional information, visit: www.marketingEDGE.org.