- About Us
Call for Nominations: 2016 'Rising Stars' Awards
-Nominations must be received by Wednesday, February 24, 2016-
NEW YORK – January 20, 2016 – Is there an extraordinary marketing professional – 40 years or younger – in your organization or that of your client, agency or solution provider? The Marketing EDGE Rising Stars Awards recognize professionals who have achieved early-career success while also giving back through education, fostering innovation and culture change, mentoring and… disruption. Marketing EDGE, a nonprofit education organization, announces today its call for nominations for its 2016 Rising Stars Awards. Nominations may be submitted here.
“This is the tenth year we seek to honor those rising leaders who are inspiring and managing change for their organizations, clients and industry,” said Terri L. Bartlett, president, Marketing EDGE. “In recognition of the dynamics and innovation happening now in marketing, we’ve added a criterion that seeks out the disruptors among us. Disruption in the marketing world is now a seemingly permanent state – in strategy, content, insights, channels and results – and it is affecting and driving marketing organizations everywhere. Raising the bar on our Rising Stars Awards, we are looking to identify the agents and facilitators of change who have achieved significant business results while giving back to the industry in myriad ways, from mentoring to social responsibility. They may only be in their 20s or 30s, but they are already emerging as leaders in the marketing field.”
The new, updated criteria for the Marketing EDGE Rising Stars Award nominees include:
- Candidate works in the marketing field;
- Candidate is 40 years of age or younger;
- Candidate is disrupting the status quo and changing the way they introduce marketing activities, while reporting significant business results for their organization… and those they serve;
- Candidate has achieved outstanding results in the field of marketing, which distinguish him/her as a leader in the field;
- The individual has a record of remarkable charitable service and/or mentoring support that demonstrates a commitment to giving back to the community; and
- He/she is recognized among peers for unparalleled service, such as mentoring young professionals, contributions or commitment to further education among students and peers, to name a few.
Marketing EDGE – now in its 50th year as a nonprofit education organization – invites the industry-at-large to submit online nominations for the 2016 Rising Stars.
The deadline for all nominations is Wednesday, February 24, 2016.
To view winners from the previous nine years, those considering nominations may go here.
The honorees will be presented with their award at an early June event in New York City; stay tuned for details about the event soon to be announced. Rising Stars Award winners will be announced in early March.
About Marketing EDGE
Headquartered in New York City, Marketing EDGE works to Educate, Develop, Grow, and Employ college students in the field of marketing. Now in its 50th year, Marketing EDGE is the only national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that creates a unique intersection between students, academics and corporations, to bridge the gap between academic theory and the practical knowledge and skills required in the workplace. Ultimately, our goal is to continue to expand and enrich the pool of market-ready talent in the ever-expanding business of marketing, today and tomorrow. For additional information, visit: www.marketingEDGE.org.
# # #
Media Contact for Marketing EDGE: