- About Us
MARKETING EDGE ANNOUNCES 2016 EDGE AWARDS ‘RISING STARS’ HONOREES
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
-‘Disruptive’ marketing and mentoring leaders to be part of EDGE Awards
celebration on June 8, 2016 in New York City-
NEW YORK – Disruptors. Mentors. Marketing leaders. Qualities embodied in six extraordinary individuals to be honored as Marketing EDGE’s “Rising Stars” at this year’s inaugural EDGE Awards celebration on Wednesday, June 8, in New York City.
Marketing EDGE, a nonprofit marketing education organization now in its 50th year, announces this year’s EDGE Award “Rising Stars.” They are [a profile of each honoree is available within each link]:
- Kathryn Apte, Global Director of Consumer Product Marketing, Twitter
- Josh Blacksmith, Senior Vice President, Group Managing Director, FCB Chicago
- Brody Clemmer, Chief Innovation Officer, N2Growth
- Erica DePalma, Vice President, Digital Marketing, Media Horizons
- Jeannie Green, Vice President, Data Solutions, Epsilon
- Marta Velasco, Vice President, Marketing and Business Development, JDC Healthcare Management
“These amazing young professionals are testament to the vibrancy, dynamism and energy of today’s digital marketing. On marketing’s edge, these leaders are fostering its future,” said Terri L. Bartlett, president, Marketing EDGE. “Each is extraordinary in the way he or she exemplifies leadership, harnesses resources and achieves success on behalf of their respective organizations and their clients.”
“Who are agents of change? Who are disruptors – and innovators? Who are mentors to others as they achieve marketing objectives, brilliantly? Our EDGE Award Rising Stars make all this happen – and they are inspiring,” said Christine Aguilera, chief financial officer, International Cruise & Excursions, Inc., and chair, Marketing EDGE, who led the selection committee for this year’s Rising Stars Awards competition, the 10th in the program’s history.
Each of the honorees was judged by a panel of Marketing EDGE Board of Trustees members, with criteria that included:
- works in the marketing field;
- is 40 years of age or younger;
- is disrupting the status quo and changing the way they introduce marketing activities, while reporting significant business results for their organization… and those they serve;
- has achieved outstanding results in the field of marketing, which distinguish him/her as a leader in the field;
- has a record of remarkable charitable service and/or mentoring support that demonstrates a commitment to giving back to the community; and
- is recognized among peers for unparalleled service, such as mentoring young professionals, contributions or commitment to further education among students and peers, to name a few.
The six individuals will join a roster of other, already-announced 2016 EDGE Award winners, including:
- an EDGE Lifetime Achievement Award to Lester Wunderman,
- an EDGE Corporate Award to MediaMath, and
- a new EDGE Education Award to Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative,
all of whom will be honored at Marketing EDGE’s sole national fundraising event of the year in New York City on Wednesday, June 8. Registration for the event is available here.
[Editor’s Note: Editorial members of media who wish to receive a press registration for the event may contact Chet Dalzell at cdalzell@marketingEDGE.org]
About Marketing EDGE
Headquartered in New York City, Marketing EDGE works to Educate, Develop, Grow, and Employ college students in the field of marketing. Now in its 50th year, Marketing EDGE is the only national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that creates a unique intersection between students, academics and corporations, to bridge the gap between academic theory and the practical knowledge and skills required in the workplace. Ultimately, our goal is to continue to expand and enrich the pool of market-ready talent in the ever-expanding business of marketing, today and tomorrow. For additional information, visit: www.marketingEDGE.org.
# # #
Media Contact for Marketing EDGE: