- About Us
MARKETING EDGE ANNOUNCES CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR 2018 ‘RISING STARS’ AWARD HONOREES
– Nominations Deadline: Monday, February 19, 2018 –
Honorees to be celebrated June 5, 2018, during EDGE Awards event in New York City
NEW YORK – January 10, 2018 – Marketing's "rising stars" – individuals who are digitally and data-driven savvy, achieving outstanding business results, and serving as mentors and giving back – will be honored by Marketing EDGE, a non-profit education organization, at the EDGE Awards at New York City's New World Stages from 6-10 p.m. EDT on June 5, 2018. To find out just who these individuals are, Marketing EDGE announces its call for nominations for 2018 Rising Stars -- where it seeks to celebrate six such marketing professionals.
“A Marketing EDGE ‘Rising Star’ encapsulates the energy and vitality of today’s marketing field,” said Terri L. Bartlett, president, Marketing EDGE. “While there are numerous industry awards identifying today’s super stars, the EDGE Rising Stars are unique as we identify emerging leaders with a demonstrated commitment to giving back, both to the profession and the community. Rising Stars exemplify the elite in marketing and leadership. Bottom line, during this 12th year of the awards, we look forward to introducing those who represent both the now and the future of marketing.”
Marketing EDGE invites the industry-at-large to submit online nominations for the 2018 Rising Stars here until Monday, February 19, 2018. The criteria for Marketing EDGE 2018 Rising Stars Award candidates include:
- Works in the digital and/or data-driven marketing field;
- Is 40 years of age or younger;
- Is disrupting the status quo and changing the way he/she introduces digital and/or data-driven marketing activities, while reporting significant business results for the organization;
- Has achieved outstanding results in the field of marketing, which distinguish him/her as a leader in the field;
- Has a record of remarkable charitable service and/or mentoring support that demonstrates a commitment to giving back to the community; and
- Is recognized among peers for unparalleled service, such as mentoring young professionals, contributions to or commitment to further education among students and peers.
Introduced in 2007, the Rising Stars Awards have paid tribute to more than 50 outstanding executives, and is one of the major award categories of the EDGE Awards. For those considering submitting nominations for a Rising Star, they may visit here to view past honorees.
About the EDGE Awards
Now in its third year, the 2018 EDGE Awards will be presented as the nonprofit organization’s signature and only national fundraising event at New York City’s New World Stages on June 5, from 6-10 pm. The EDGE Awards attract more than 500 marketing leaders and students, who join to pay tribute to the best-of-the-best in the marketing field. Each honoree exemplifies outstanding leadership, innovation, creativity and a commitment to giving back by supporting marketing education.
Already, the balance of 2018 EDGE Awards honorees has been announced and includes:
- Charles Morgan – Lifetime Achievement Award
- Merkle – Corporate Heritage Award
- Fluent – Corporate Disruptor Award
- Dr. Charles Stryker – Financial Innovator Award (posthumous)
Proceeds from the EDGE Awards will benefit Marketing EDGE, to further its mission to “Educate, Develop, Grow and Employ college students in the field of marketing.” Go to www.EDGEAwards.org for more event information.
Exclusive premium sponsorship opportunities for the 2018 EDGE Awards are available now. Companies wishing to serve as sponsors, or to gain visibility in the award program, may contact Amy Sigona: ASigona@marketingEDGE.org | 212.790.1481.
About Marketing EDGE
Marketing EDGE is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that is shaping the future of marketing by connecting students, academics and professionals to the resources and relationships they need to continue to see, move and stay ahead. Empowering skill-ready, responsive and responsible marketing leaders for more than 50 years, Marketing EDGE expands access to leading research, resources and events, fosters deep personal connections and diverse ideas, and provides real-time insights for real-world impact. For more information, visit www.marketingEDGE.org.
# # #
Media Contact for Marketing EDGE: