- About Us
MARKETING EDGE NAMES SIX 2018 'RISING STARS' AWARD HONOREES
Monday, March 19, 2018
- Emerging business leaders to be celebrated June 5, 2018, during EDGE Awards
event in New York City -
NEW YORK – Marketing EDGE, a non-profit education organization, has named six marketing professionals across the United States as 2018 "Rising Stars" in recognition of their individual achievements in data and digital marketing business results, as well as their commitment to give back by supporting marketing education and serve as mentors. The organization will present the 2018 Rising Stars Awards at its annual EDGE Awards event at New York City's New World Stages from 6-10 p.m. on June 5.
The honorees (and their LinkedIn profiles) are:
- Amber Britton, Senior Account Manager, Moveable Ink
- Mebrulin Francisco, Managing Partner, Multicultural Marketing Analytics, GroupM
- Ajay Gupta, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Stirista
- Josh Machiz, Chief Digital Officer, Nasdaq
- Sarah Newhall, Principal and Chief Strategy Officer, Anne Lewis Strategies LLC
- Michael Rucker, Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer, OmniVirt
“We’re thrilled to roll out the red carpet for the stars of marketing,” said Terri L. Bartlett, president, Marketing EDGE. “EDGE Rising Stars exemplify the energy and success of data-driven and digital marketing – both in business and through their contributions to marketing education in support of future generations of leaders in our field. As we mark our 12th year of the Rising Stars Awards, these individuals truly represent innovation, leadership and service.”
The Rising Stars honorees were nominated by their colleagues and selected by an awards committee designated by the Marketing EDGE Chair. Criteria for the EDGE 2018 Rising Stars honor included:
- Works in the digital and/or data-driven marketing field;
- Is disrupting the status quo and changing the way he/she introduces digital and/or data-driven marketing activities, while reporting significant business results for the organization;
- Has achieved outstanding results in the field of marketing, which distinguish him/her as a leader in the field;
- Has a record of remarkable charitable service and/or mentoring support that demonstrates a commitment to giving back to the community; and
- Is recognized among peers for unparalleled service, such as mentoring young professionals, contributions to or commitment to further education among students and peers;
- Is 40 years of age or younger.
“Our 2018 EDGE Awards event will recognize a full complement of industry leaders, Rising Stars among them – individuals and organizations that are game changers in marketing and marketing education,” Bartlett said. “The 21st Century economy requires tremendous skill sets, and our programs seek to address these needs as a bridge between academic institutions and business organizations. We are excited that hundreds of industry leaders will join us as we celebrate the collective energy that this year’s honorees represent.”
About the EDGE Awards
Now in its third year, the 2018 EDGE Awards is the nonprofit organization’s signature and only national fundraising event of the year. Central to the EDGE Awards is its incredible line up of honorees. More than 500 marketing leaders and EDGE Collegiate Summit Students from across the country will be in attendance to pay tribute to the best-of-the-best in the marketing field. Each honoree exemplifies outstanding leadership, innovation, creativity and a commitment to giving back by supporting marketing education. The balance of the 2018 EDGE Awards honorees was previously announced and includes:
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Charles Morgan
- Corporate Heritage Award: Merkle
- Corporate Disruptor Award: Fluent
- Financial Innovator Award: Dr. Charles Stryker
Proceeds from the EDGE Awards will benefit Marketing EDGE to further its mission to “Educate, Develop, Grow and Employ college students in the field of marketing.” Go to www.EDGEAwards.org for more event information.
Exclusive premium and corporate sponsorship opportunities for the 2018 EDGE Awards are available now. Companies wishing to serve as sponsors, or to gain visibility in the award program, may contact Amy Sigona: ASigona@marketingEDGE.org | 212.790.1481 or visit sponsorships.EDGEAwards.org.
About Marketing EDGE
Marketing EDGE is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that is shaping the future of marketing by connecting students, academics and professionals to the resources and relationships they need to continue to see, move and stay ahead. Empowering skill-ready, responsive and responsible marketing leaders for more than 50 years, Marketing EDGE expands access to leading research, resources and events, fosters deep personal connections and diverse ideas, and provides real-time insights for real-world impact. For more information, visit www.marketingEDGE.org.
# # #
Media Contact for Marketing EDGE: