- About Us
Collegiate ECHO Media Planning
- Research findings and budget considerations must drive the media mix recommended for the campaign.
- The campaign budget for the Collegiate ECHO Challenge is established by the client or sponsor. It is important that the teams spend all the money, yet do not go over the budget limit.
- Media mixing is an important strategy in marketing in order to create a synergy between the various media.
Elements to Include
- A media plan or communications plan should be created to provide both a visual representation and a discussion depicting the targeted, tailored and timed promotional efforts for the entire campaign based on the research and marketing strategy.
- The communications plan should show the various communication strategies for each market segment to be targeted on a month-by-month basis. (See Exhibit D).
- Test strategies should be developed and the communication plan should include the recommended test strategies.
- Test strategies may address the offer, creative, timing, targeted customer or other campaign strategies.
- A media mix table detailing all of the relevant media recommendations for each respective market segment may be created. These tables would delineate the media recommended, specifics about the media vehicles, media objectives and response mechanisms. (See Exhibit E).
- Clear and concise, yet revealing bullet points may be used to communicate much of the content in this section.
- Explanations of both the communication plan and the media mix table should be provided along with references to these items.
Exhibit D: Communication Plan
Exhibit E: Media Mix Table
To navigate through this guide, click above OR on the menu to the left.