- About Us
Marketing EDGE Announces 2019 EDGE Awards Honorees, Rising Stars Award Recipients
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Honorees and Rising Stars to be recognized at EDGE Awards ceremony on June 3rd in New York City
NEW YORK, NY – March 12, 2019 – Marketing EDGE, a nonprofit education organization committed to educating, developing, growing and employing college students in the field of marketing, today announced its 2019 EDGE Awards honorees and Rising Stars recipients. The EDGE Awards ceremony will take place on June 3rd in New York City.
In its fourth year, the event through its awards will recognize a full complement of industry leaders in the marketing field who exemplify leadership, innovation, creativity and a commitment to giving back through support of marketing education.
The EDGE Awards honorees include top organizations and marketing leaders who have advanced marketing’s leading “edge” while championing professional development, mentoring and education. The awards program is comprised of the Corporate Heritage, Corporate Disruptor, Financial Innovator and Education Awards. This year’s honorees are:
- Corporate Heritage Award: NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
- Corporate Disruptor Award: LiveIntent, a marketing technology platform helping brands connect with people across the digital ecosystem.
- Financial Innovator Award: Michael Loeb, President & CEO of Loeb Enterprises, recognized for driving success by combining sophisticated targeting and segmentation with a deep understanding of market dynamics.
- Education Award: New York University, Stern School of Business, Marketing Department, made up of distinguished teachers and experts who are consistently recognized for their leading research and academic excellence.
The program also honors an individual’s achievement in the marketing field, with the Rising Stars Awards paying tribute to the most talented professionals 40 years of age and under working in the field of direct and digital marketing. Winning candidates demonstrate superior leadership abilities, outstanding results, and a stellar reputation for “giving back” through marketing education. This year’s Rising Stars are:
- Anneka Gupta, President, LiveRamp
- Kelsey Kates, Head of Analytical Academy, Google
- John Kelly, Senior Director, NikePlus Member Benefits
- Mykela Krieg, Director of Operations, TCM Creative
- Sharifah Niles-Lane, VP Digital Marketing & Social Media, Eastern Bank
- Vincent Pietrafesa, Director of Business Development, BusinessWatch Network
“Marketing EDGE is excited to honor this year’s outstanding honorees, with each one exemplifying what it means to excel not only in marketing but in the global business community,” said Terri L. Bartlett, President of Marketing EDGE. “There’s something extraordinary that happens at our annual EDGE Awards as hundreds of industry leaders come together to celebrate the success and excellence of the honorees, and at the same time recognize that proceeds from the evening will help launch the next generation of diverse and inclusive marketing leaders.”
The EDGE Awards is Marketing EDGE’s signature and only national fundraising event of the year, gathering more than 500 marketing leaders and students to celebrate excellence in marketing leadership and the added signature element of giving back to support next generations of leaders. The event provides networking opportunities among the industry elite, and supports Marketing EDGE’s mission to educate, develop, grow and employ college students in the field of marketing. Proceeds from the EDGE Awards benefit this mission.
Premium EDGE Awards sponsors include Infogroup Media Solutions, Acxiom, and Bionic Advertising Systems, among others. This year’s Corporate Leadership Program includes companies such as IBM, EY, ForwardPMX, Sprinklr and more. To view a full list of sponsors and Corporate Leaders, visit www.edgeawards.org/#sponsors.
The EDGE Awards ceremony will take place on the evening of Monday, June 3rd at Pier 60, Chelsea Piers in New York City from 6pm to 10pm. For more event information and online registration please visit www.EDGEAwards.org. Companies wishing to serve as sponsors may contact Amy Sigona at ASigona@marketingEDGE.org. Sponsorship opportunities can be viewed at register.EDGEAwards.org.
ABOUT MARKETING EDGE
Marketing EDGE is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit that’s shaping the future of marketing by connecting students, academics and professionals to the resources and relationships they need to see, move and stay ahead. Empowering agile, responsible and skillful marketing leaders for more than 50 years, Marketing EDGE expands access to leading research, resources and events, fosters personal connections and diverse ideas, and provides real-time insights for real-world impact. To learn more, visit, marketingEDGE.org.