- About Us
A professional organization for full-time faculty (professors, adjuncts, academic researchers) interested in marketing.
“The Marketing EDGE Professors’ Academy is the best way to keep up with the rapid changes in the direct and interactive marketing arena. Marketing EDGE/DMA summits and seminars provide cutting-edge, real-world examples that professors can use for research or take back to their classrooms ….”
- Dr. Marilyn Liebrenz-Himes, George Washington University
Today, half of all marketing dollars are spent on direct/interactive and database marketing tactics and strategies.
The Marketing EDGE Professors’ Academy provides marketing educators and researchers centralized access to everything in the direct/interactive marketing arena: data sets, news, research, seminars and teaching materials. When you join the Marketing EDGE Professors’ Academy, you will be able to:
- Access – materials, seminars, and data – a $5,000 value
- Connect – with like-minded colleagues around the world
Share – ideas, insights and resources
Benefits of Membership
- Free Data! – members get access to data sets in the Marketing EDGE library for teaching and/or research.
- Speakers Bureau - whether you need a session topic covered at a course or at a marketing / advertising / business club you advise, this service will help you find the speaker you need. (available in the USA only).
- Journal of Interactive Marketing – Premium members receive a calendar-year online subscription to Marketing EDGE 's publication known widely as a catalyst for shaping ideas and issues associated with electronic, interactive and direct marketing environments.
- Online Access to the Data & Marketing Association's Statistical Fact Book – Compilation of the most frequently requested data and statistics, benchmarks, projections, and information over 75 leading research sources from DMA, a division of Association of National Advertisers.
- Our Partners – Teradata University's data and data software for research and teaching as well as course syllabi, case study videos and more; WARC's advertising effectiveness case studies, best practices and more, DMA, a divison of ANA (see below)
- Connect and Share – via an online member directory and the sharing of course sylllabi and materials.
- Seminars and Community Events. Discounts to online seminars and events sponsored by DMA, a division of ANA; and subject to availability, full fellowships to DMA seminars in New York City.
- Value of Data 2015 study - commissioned by Data & Marketing Association (DMA), a division of ANA (Association of National Advertisers), the study, by Harvard Professor John Deighton and mLightenment CEO and former Columbia Professor Peter Johnson, quantified the growth in the data-driven marketing economy (DDME). The DDME saw a 49 percent increase in jobs and 35 percent growth in revenue between 2012 and 2014.
Who Can Join?
Membership is open to full-time faculty members worldwide.
(Individuals who are not listed on academic institution websites may be asked for proof of affiliation.)
Membership cost –
Premium: $200 - includes basic Professors’ Academy + electronic Journal of Interactive Marketing calendar year subscription).
To join, simply complete the "join online" application above. Once your membership is approved, your access to Professors’ Academy online resources will be accessible within 72 hours.
Questions? Call Marketing EDGE (212.790.1512) or email MAdolphe@marketingEDGE.org.