- About Us
Richard Montesi Scholarship Fund
- Dr. Richard Lewis Montesi began as a teacher, then assistant principal, in the Darien Connecticut School System. He was a principal in the Simsbury Connecticut School System, then in the Scarsdale, New York School System. He was superintendent of schools in the Pocantico Hills School District in New York. Both a leader and an educator, Dr. Montesi died on June 12, 2011.
- Dr. Montesi joined the private sector after many years in public education. He was president and CEO of Marketing EDGE (then known as Direct Marketing Educational Foundation), then senior vice president of the Direct Marketing Association, both in New York City.
- The Montesi Scholarship Fund was created by Marketing EDGE to support the passion and commitment in the field of marketing through continued education, with the first scholarship awarded in 2012.
- College and university students committed to studying direct and interactive marketing can benefit greatly from the contributions of those donors wishing to honor Dr. Montesi – specifically for his invaluable role in ensuring the future of such marketing through his work with Marketing EDGE.
- Dr. Montesi called New Canaan, Connecticut, his home. He was the son of the late Regina Kolwicz Montesi and James Montesi of Danbury, CT. He is survived by his wife Cynthia, children Elizabeth and Daniel, and grandchildren Carina, Kimberly, and Nikolaus.
Learn More about Marketing EDGE Scholarship Funds